Whenever you go a long vacation, you have to definitely make compromises here and there. You also have to ensure that any pets you have at your home (be it dogs, cats, fish, rabbits or parrots) can be cared for properly even if you are not there to look out for them. This can actually prove to be a challenge, and you need to find some good methods to deal with this issue. You really don’t want to be one of those heartless dog owners who abandon their pets on the streets whenever they become a burden.
Following are some recommendations whenever it comes to taking care of your pets (especially dogs). You may want to consider at least one of these suggestions whenever you go out for a vacation for more than one day at a time. Visit here for puppy day care services in Sydney.
- Ask a Friend or Relative to Take Care of Your Pet – This is a good idea if you have somebody who is willing to care for your pet while you are away. Just remember to give them appropriate guidelines on feeding and regarding other necessities if they don’t have much experience with pets overall, or if they don’t own one of their own.
- Hire a Pet Sitter – Much like a babysitter, a pet sitter will take care of your pet and see that your doggy or kitten is fed well while you are away from home. You could either ask them to visit your home from time to time to feed your pet or just ask them to stay at your place the whole time. Go for somebody with a lot of experience handling different kinds of pets to avoid inconveniences.
- Place Pets in a Boarding Kennel – If you are unable to find a pet sitter, your next best option (and the most feasible one actually) is to board your pet at a local doggy day care or cattery suitable for your pet. These places have enough personnel to handle a lot of pets simultaneously, plus your own pet will not feel lonely as there will be a lot of others of the same kind to keep them company. For more information on dog day care, click here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_daycare.
- Avoid Going Out for Too Long – Even if you find good doggy day care business for sale, you should try to minimise the amount of time you spend out there without returning home as much as possible. Remember that, most of the times, your pet will prefer being with you compared to getting cared for by strangers. In some extreme cases, some pets will just long to see your face and refuse to get close to anybody until you return home.
- Take Your Pets with You if Possible – Sometimes, you may want to just take your pets along with you instead of leaving them home. It can be doable, provided you have secured a lodging or some other place to stay in which doesn’t have a pet ban. Plus, it can be cheaper than leaving your dog or cat at a day care for several days.